The Super Map App
The “normal” Maps app was basically an Embed HTML app, where you pasted Google Maps’ code. With the Super Map app, you can specify the actual address of the place you want to showcase, and it will be automatically found!
Other improvements have to do with the personalization of the map such as selecting a height, the initial view, which controls to show and more.
Here’s what one of these apps look like installed.
Now let’s get to the setting up.
The settings panel is divided in several sections.
We’ll go over one by one.
Map Settings (General)
In this section you’ll enter the address of the actual place you want to showcase on your map.
There are also 3 more options: initial map zoom (how far/close you want it to be), initial map view (choose between roadmap, satellite, hybrid or terrain), and height (in pixels).
In this section you’ll be able to customize your map with the following controls:
- Map Types Style. Choose between “Default”, “Dropdown menu”, “Horizontal Bar” and “Don’t Show”.
- Map Types Position. Choose between: top left, top center, top right, middle left, middle right, bottom left, bottom center and bottom right.
- Zoom Type. Select either “Auto”, “Compact”, “Full” or “Don’t Show”.
- Zoom Position. Same choices available as “Map Types Position”.
- Enable Street View. Check box to enable/disable the Google Street View feature.
In this section you can select a few choices regarding animation and the “Infobox”.
The Marker Animation has 3 possible values:
- Drop (the marker will animate once and stay static after it “drops”)
- Bounce (the marker will “jump up and down” continuously until you make click
The Infobox refers to the place’s information, like address and other data if available.
You can choose it to be “always on” (On Window Load), only if your visitor is interested (On Marker Click) or never show it (None).
This section has several check boxes that show/hide the following layers/labels:
- Administrative Area
- Points of Interest
- Road Labels
And lastly, there’s the style propagation check box. Learn more about it in the former link.
Have any doubts or comments? Speak them out below!