Integrating and Updating Social Media Icons
What You’ll Learn
In this post we’ll go through the steps for integrating and updating your social media icons so your visitors can see your latest tweets, status updates, video posts, etc., right on your site.
The Quick Answer
Go to the shelf and add a Social Icons app in a column of your choice. Once it loads, click on the wrench (edit) icon and set up the styling options. Scroll down, and insert a link for each of the social networks that you want a link for. Empty fields will be ignored and no icon will be displayed for that item.
The Detailed Instructions
How to Install a Social Icons App
1. Log into your site (yoursite.breezi.com/login) or build a free website and open the App Store menu from the shelf.
2. From the list, scroll down to Social Icons.
3. Drag and drop the button labeled “Install New” to a position of your choice within one of your columns.
When it’s done loading, it should look like the following image.
How to Edit the App’s Settings
4. Mouse over the top right corner of the app, and look for the edit button (marked by a wrench icon).
5. Clicking it will open up the options for the app, as shown below.
Here you can edit the theme, orientation, alignment and set if you want to open the links in a new window or the same.
Social Networking Sites You Can Add
After these styling options, you will find a field for each of the following social networking sites:
- Google +
And there will be a last item for your email.
We’ll likely be adding more social networks to the app along with other upcoming features, specially if they are requested.
So once you enter your links and press “Save”, the icons will be created. If the field for one or more social network(s) is empty, the respective icon(s) won’t be displayed.
And you are set, go ahead and try out the Social Media Icons app in your site today!
Have questions or comments about this how-to? Are there any particular networks you’d like to see in the Social Media Icons app? Let us know in the comments area below!