How the Slideshow App Works
What You’ll Learn
In this article you will learn how to set up a Slideshow app. This app is meant to have a succession of sliding images for showcase.
Steps to Set Up a Slideshow App
1. First, log in to your site, and go to the shelf > Apps and locate Slideshow. 2. Click (and drag) the “Install New” button. Release it in a container of your choice. Then, once the app loads, you will see a series of sample default images sliding to the left every 6 (or so) seconds. The initial count for these sample images is 3, but you can add or remove items as you need. We’ll get to that in a minute.
3. To change one of these sample images, double click on it. You’ll notice a green overlay highlighting the image when you hover it. 4. The image-editing window will open. Here you can do some resizing or cropping, or add a value for the alt attribute. To replace the image click the “Replace” button. 5. From the dialog box that appears, you can select an image file from your computer, or enter a web URL. And click “Save”. You can repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 for updating the rest of the images.
6. If you want to change the order in which they appear, click the “Reorder” button, located at the bottom right area of the app. 7. A modal window will open, with a list of the items you currently have. Mouse over each item and notice a light-green overlay highlighting them, and your mouse pointer changing into a four-directional arrow. To change the order, drag and drop an item to the desired position: Then click “Close” on the top right.
Add More Entries
8. Now, if you want to add another image, besides the 3 you currently should have, go to the app toolbar, and locate the icon with a page and a plus sign. Click it, and another image will be added to your slideshow.
9. On the other hand, if you have too many items or want to delete one of them, click on the “X” on the lower right. Doing so will delete the currently-showcased image. If you want to delete another one, you’ll have to wait until it’s shown.
10. And lastly, the options. To open them, click on the wrench icon, located on the app toolbar. 11. The following options are available, as shown in the image below.
- Stay on Image For (Seconds). Here you will enter a number in seconds for an image to remain visible before the next one slides/fades in.
- Fading Speed. This option sets how fast you want the transition to be made.
- Effect. You have two options: slide and fade.
- Propagate Style To All Pages. Selecting this checkbox will copy the styles of current app to all the pages where that same app version is installed. Styles include margins and padding, borders, drop shadow, etc.
And that’s basically it. Try the Slideshow app in your site today, and showcase one or several sets of images! If there’s something not covered here, let us know in the comments below!