Create an Email Link so it Opens an Email Client
What You’ll Learn
In this article you will learn how to create a link to make it open an email client.
If you want to create a link in which your visitors can click on it so they can send you an email by using any email client (i.e. Gmail, Outlook, Mail, Thunderbird and Entourage among others), you just have to follow the following steps.
Steps to Create an Email Link
Select an App
1. Install a new Text app or use a existing one if you like, or any app that allows you to highlight text and add a link using the WYSIWYG toolbar.
Find Suitable Text
2. Type your email or text that you’d like to use for the email link.
Turn Text into a Link
3. Highlight the text and click on the link button.
4. Select URL
The Magic Part: “Mailto“
5. Type “mailto:” followed by your email address. Example: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Select: Open in the same window
7. Click Save.
Once you have saved it you’ll be able to modify the color and rollover color as well as the font type and size, this way you’ll be able to match it with the style and colors of your site.
Do you have any comments or questions? Please let us know in the comments below!